Do we have any Widget to export data into Excel format in ESRI Web AppBuilder or ArcGIS Server JS API?

04-13-2019 12:35 PM
Vara_PrasadM_S
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Team,

We have a requirement to export some tabular data into Excel format in our WebApp developed using ESRI Web AppBuilder. Do we have any widget for that? or any API in ArcGIS Server JS API?

What would be the best way to implement this.

Any suggestions would be very helpful to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Vara Prasad

8 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Vara Prasad M S‌,

Yes, there is a setting in the Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS in the Attribute Table widget that you can set to Allow exporting to CSV (by default this option is turned off).

Once this option is set, the user can open the Attribute Table and go to Options > Export all to CSV to get all attribute data or apply a Filter first to get just a part of the data.

See screen captures below.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Egge-Jan

Vara_PrasadM_S

Hi Egge-Jan,

Thanks a lot for your help.

We are looking for a custom format to be exported into Excel format. Not just as it is attribute table. Could you please let me know if we have any such options or any other best way to implement that.

Thanks & Regards,

Vara Prasad

0 Kudos
NimaEkhtari
New Contributor

Hey Vara,

Did you find a way to create a custom report and export in xlsx format? I need to do the same thing for a few of my projects.

0 Kudos
Vara_PrasadM_S

Hi Nima Ekhtari

I have done it through pure JS. We do not have any widgets.

Thanks & Regards,

Vara Prasad

EduardoC_
New Contributor II

How can I do such thing, How can I develop from scratch the full functionality? Did you develop it  as a WebApplicationBuilder widget?

WillWoodroof
New Contributor III

Hey Vara,

Would you mind sharing the code? This sounds exactly like the functionality I need to create. 

Thanks,

Will 

0 Kudos
diaconori
New Contributor III

Where is the down vote button when you need it. What's the purpose of posting on his thread if you're not willing to show a working example or solution to the problem? We're a knowledge sharing site. Contribute or leave please.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, Egge-Jan - your answer was helpful and straight to the point.

0 Kudos