District Lookup Widget - How do you increase the number of suggestions?

08-25-2017 01:11 PM
AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

I have a WAB Developer 2.4 voting app in which I am using the District Lookup widget.  In its configuration I have set the max suggestions to 50 but after saving the configuration I never get more than 10 suggestions.  The attached image shows the first eight suggestions where my house number is '100' and on the right you see what that looks like after I scroll down.  Again, only 10 suggestions are shown.  Also, the data is coming from my address locator/geocode service (with suggestions enabled).

Is there something other than the max suggestions I need to change in order to have potentially 50 suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

If you are familiar with using developer tools and using the network tab you can check if the request to your geocode service is actually using your max suggestions. I set mine to 20 and this is what the request looks like:

..../rest/services/Composite_Locator/GeocodeServer/suggest?f=json&text=100&maxSuggestions=20&callback=dojo.io.script.jsonp_dojoIoScript6._jsonpCallback

AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you very much Robert.  My request does reflect the max suggestions I set in the widget (...GeocodeServer/suggest?f=json&text=100&maxSuggestions=50...), but upon review of my locator it looks like I need to reset the suggest candidates there and test everything again.