Deployed WAB site is hanging on load

02-03-2016 07:20 AM
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

We've created a site using WAB and deployed it to our server. The background map and services require authentication, so usually an ArcGIS online popup appears asking for credentials. Sometimes though, the site hangs and the popup doesn't appear. If you reload the page it works, though sometimes you have to reload many times before the popup appears. I have seen this behaviour in Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and on multiple machines so it is not platform dependent.

Looking at the developer console, I get an error 'Cannot read property 'toString' of undefined(...)'

globeLiteDevConsole.png

It seems postMixInProperties is calling k.getLocalization, which returns undefined. This undefined variable is passed on to h.substitute, which tries to turn it into a string and fails. This kills the loading process, which is why you have to refresh the page.

So, why does getLocalization return a value and sometimes return undefined?

globeLiteJSBugPriv.png

Is there a setting that is causing this to fail, or it is a race condition? Is there anything I can do here, apart from a) keep hitting F5 or b) submit a support request?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelAugust
Occasional Contributor III

I am seeing the same behavior in Firefox and Chrome.  We have HTTPS and Portal, would like our employees to login using their company credentials (Windows profiles?), but the log-in popup only shows up in IE, where the recommended browser is Firefox for WAB apps, so is there a setting we're missing in Chrome or FF to enable the popup to appear?  It appears in FF when I use an add-on that mimics the IE engine (Fire IE for example)...so does this mean that Portal and secure services only work within IE browser?

Thanks!