Custom WAB Template : Feature creation is disabled for all layers.

05-20-2015 09:06 AM
AndyAston
New Contributor III

I’m stumped...I setup a custom WAB app (Dev Edition), including the out of the box Edit widget and a custom widget.  My Feature Layer has editing enabled and it's functional in the Web Map.  When I share it to my custom WAB template and click on the Edit widget I get this message: Feature creation is disabled for all layers.  No issues with a standard WAB template.  Ideas?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AndyAston
New Contributor III

Update: This has been isolated to an issue with the WAB Export As Template and the Edit widget.  It's identified as a bug with Esri now.  The short-term solution is to build the app with a defined web map.  More to come on a long-term resolution with a template-based workflow. 

StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Andy,

Glad you are figuring it out. It sounds tricky.

-Stan

0 Kudos
JoaoManuel
New Contributor

Hello.

Im having the same problem. Has this bug been fixed?

It seems this is the only thread with this issue reported. Can someone enlight me, please?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
AndyAston
New Contributor III

This is a reported bug (BUG-000087970).  It's been "in process" for a year now, but the status shows as "In Product Plan" and it's now ranked as a "High" priority.  Hopefully that's in line with your timeframe.

0 Kudos
JoaoManuel
New Contributor

Its not in line of my timeframe, but thanks for the answer.

0 Kudos
KatieSteele
New Contributor III

Andy Aston, 

Did this bug ever get fixed? I have the same problem, too. 

0 Kudos
MegHoole
Occasional Contributor III

If you get the error in the web map too, it may be related to z-aware layer published from ArcMap:

How To: Edit a z-aware hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online 

JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

This still appears to be an issue (at least in Enterprise 8.1).  I had to disable z-values in my data and re-publish to allow editing.

0 Kudos