Confusion about export as a template

Jump to solution
03-04-2021 06:15 PM
RandallClark_CSUF
New Contributor II

So created a app using Web App Builder. 

I want to use this same template for the other buildings on campus and instead of building it from scratch each time, i want to try an skip some steps and create a configurable app so i thought i would try using the "Export as Template' function. Anyways i am following the directions here, Export as template and i am confused, when i get to the end of the directions, i a just end up with an app that i cant do anything with, i can only view it.

To actually use it as configurable template, do i have to down load into Web App Builder Developer edition?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

Hi Randall!

Have you replaced the configurable apps default group with one of your organization groups in Settings > Map > Configurable apps?

CraigRussell_0-1614927001791.png

Once you share your template to the configurable apps group, it should then appear as an option when you create a new app from Content > Create > Configurable apps:

CraigRussell_1-1614927113487.png

CraigRussell_2-1614927174341.png

Thanks

Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

Hi Randall!

Have you replaced the configurable apps default group with one of your organization groups in Settings > Map > Configurable apps?

CraigRussell_0-1614927001791.png

Once you share your template to the configurable apps group, it should then appear as an option when you create a new app from Content > Create > Configurable apps:

CraigRussell_1-1614927113487.png

CraigRussell_2-1614927174341.png

Thanks

Craig

RandallClark_CSUF
New Contributor II

Good morning Craig,

Thank you. i did set up a new group, called it "Configurable Templates" and set it as the repository  for configurable apps and yes my template shows up now but it still only gives me the option to view and share.

Thank you

Edit:

Ok i think i got it now. i cane see it when i go My Content > Create > Web App.

Now i just have to play with and  make sure i set up the configuration correctly.

Thank you

0 Kudos