Change LayerList Description from REST Endpoint to Layer Info

Jump to solution
01-22-2016 02:41 AM
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I want to supply some basic layer information under the LayerList Description instead to the default redirect to the REST endpoint.

Previously when using Flex I would edit the eLayerList config <usenewesridescription>false</usenewesridescription>

This would then provide the layer description included with the published layer.

Is this function possible in WAB or is there another method to providing  background info for your layers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
26 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I am pretty sure it will work with 2.12 and 2.13

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

No, I'm not able to access the layer options. I've tried copying your code snippets across to the 2.12 version but no success. The 2.13 layer list isn't compatible with my 2,12 app either unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

You must be doing something wrong then as the code changes were made in 2.12 on my end first and then I just moved my commented lines over to 2.13 and it worked there too.

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Ok,

I'll explore further and hopefully I can find where I've gone wrong. 

Many thanks again,

Eoghan

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Robert, I successfully integrated that code to version 2.12. 

When testing in the live environment I noticed from the web console that the layer list is actually running on 2.10. Slightly frazzled by unfamiliar code at this stage which isn't helping!

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Robert, 

Sincere apologies for badgering you all day on this. I have it running now on 2.10 but the move layers function is still throwing an error. It appears to be tripping on some of the custom code that I have found to work on earlier versions as well as 2.12/3. 

0 Kudos
EoghanMcCarthy1
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Robert, this is working across all versions now. 

Once again, thank you for all of your time and assistance.

Best wishes,

Eoghan 

0 Kudos