Change feature service label on smart editor widget

Jump to solution
11-07-2018 09:43 AM
AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

This seems like a simple question, but I am having a lot of trouble figuring it out. I am using the smart editor widget to allow users to add new records to a public web mapping app. I have everything working the way I want except the label in smart editor.

I can only get smart editor to display the feature service name, when I really want the feature service's label/alias name so that my button doesn't have the awkward service name. For example, my service alias is "Vessels". Smart editor displays "DVRP_VSSL_EDIT_FS_PUBLIC". That's not fun for anyone.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

The label you are wanting to change in your image is controlled by the FeatureService. Those labels are set in the mxd editing template.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andrew,

The label you are wanting to change in your image is controlled by the FeatureService. Those labels are set in the mxd editing template.

AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

That's it!!!!

Thanks so much, I didn't know that there was an editing template too. I had changed the layer name in the web map, but not in editing.

Thanks!

Note for others, to change this label, open the web map used in the application, click on the 'edit' tab, select the service, and at the bottom there is a 'manage' button that allows you to change properties of the editing tool.

Katrin
by
New Contributor III

This did not work for me - if I start editing, I don't see the 'manage' button at all. Could it be because of how I shared the feature service or any hints? 

0 Kudos