can we achieve multiple relationships in smarteditor/Edit widgets in web app builder

Jump to solution
09-14-2018 02:03 PM
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Previously i worked with smartEditor and Edit widgets in web app builder with two tables for example: school to students

like one to many relationships

but i don't know , can i achieve below scenario in web app builder

like buildings will has many inspections and inspection done by employee

when a inspection is done, user can able to add multiple inspections for one building currently in my web app builder site.

i'm trying to do is when a inspection record is saved, can i add one more relationship for inspections-employee to get employee details ans some other fields in the third window.

Thanks

Andres CastilloRobert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

If I understand you correctly, you want to have a parent table that is related to a child table, one to many.

Then, the child table, related to a grandchild table, one to many.

In other words, you have nested relationships.

Based on this article, I think that the widgets should support your workflow:

See 'Related Data in ArcGIS' Blog post by Michael Kelly on geonet:

o   https://community.esri.com/people/MKellyesri-ireland-ie-esridist/blog/2016/11/18/related-data-in-arc...

Try testing it in the wab widget.

The related table should be visible under the 'Actions' heading> table icon (view related layers and tables)

Click the table icon to see the first related table.

Click the table icon again to see the second related table, if possible.

My personal experience is to have a parent feature class that is related to a child table, one to many.

Then creating attachments on the child table (which to me, is very similar to having a related grandchild to the child)

This workflow works in wab smart editor widget.

The exception is that I cannot drill down to see the attachment table in the widget, but that may be different for you since, yours is a regular table, not a table like the attachment table, which was auto-created by the geodatabase.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

If I understand you correctly, you want to have a parent table that is related to a child table, one to many.

Then, the child table, related to a grandchild table, one to many.

In other words, you have nested relationships.

Based on this article, I think that the widgets should support your workflow:

See 'Related Data in ArcGIS' Blog post by Michael Kelly on geonet:

o   https://community.esri.com/people/MKellyesri-ireland-ie-esridist/blog/2016/11/18/related-data-in-arc...

Try testing it in the wab widget.

The related table should be visible under the 'Actions' heading> table icon (view related layers and tables)

Click the table icon to see the first related table.

Click the table icon again to see the second related table, if possible.

My personal experience is to have a parent feature class that is related to a child table, one to many.

Then creating attachments on the child table (which to me, is very similar to having a related grandchild to the child)

This workflow works in wab smart editor widget.

The exception is that I cannot drill down to see the attachment table in the widget, but that may be different for you since, yours is a regular table, not a table like the attachment table, which was auto-created by the geodatabase.

0 Kudos