Can the screening widget work with related tables?

03-21-2018 08:31 AM
ClaireMcGinn1
New Contributor II

We have a feature class with 2 related tables and would like to generate a report with the screening widget. When we perform this the related tables (their information) does not carry over. Am I missing something? Currently we are publishing to ArcGIS Online and was wondering if this would work better through ArcServer or Portal for ArcGIS. Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Maudvan_Haeren
New Contributor

We are actually interested in the exact same thing (sorry I can't provide a solution for you Claire McGinn)! We are looking at Web App Builder to create a report which would include attribute information, but more specifically information from the related table records (which is captured in the field using Collector). 

The screening widget functionality would be perfect, if it would also include the related table records... I have also investigated creating a custom widget using the Report class, however I haven't been able to get this working on the related table the way we would like to. Another solution for us would be to be able to generate a report from the output of the Query Widget, which is in fact able to query on the related table. Although not ideal as it doesn't show the information of the related feature, it could also be a potential solution (but how to generate a report from the outcome of the Query Widget?).

Would be great if we would be able to get some Esri insight as to how to solve this challenge! 

Kind regards, 

Maud 

0 Kudos
KennyKleewein
New Contributor II

Interested if you ever got an answer? 

Thanks,

Kenny 

0 Kudos
Maudvan_Haeren
New Contributor

Hi Kenny, 

It has been quite a while since I looked at this as I have changed jobs and am currently not building Web Apps. I do recall in the end there were some bugs in the Web App builder when I reached out to Esri support though different means, for which the response of a timeline for a fix was ambiguous. Since I haven't looked at this for a while it might well be Web App Builder Widgets have matured? Would be great if they have! 

Apologies I can't be of more help here, hope you find a solution for what you're trying to build! 

Maud 

0 Kudos
AdaLi1
by
New Contributor III

I also have this problem and created an idea here: Screening widget to include info from related tables 

0 Kudos
RupalBrahmbhatt
New Contributor

We have a feature class and 3 related tables. Surely need a table to be added to the screening widget.

0 Kudos