Can the Attribute Table be edited in Web Appbuilder 2.0?

Jump to solution
05-23-2016 12:14 PM
WilliamMiller4
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to select fields and create aliases in the attribute table widget with appbuilder 2.0, but it's not working. In the documentation for the attribute table widget (Attribute Table widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ) the very last line says "The current version of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS does not support attribute editing or feature deletion through the Attribute Table widget." Does this mean it can't be done in version 2.0?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WilliamMiller4

Hi Seth,

I found the following thread with the same problem, and a reply with code to fix it.

https://community.esri.com/thread/175043#comment-607459

It worked for me. Thanks for your help.

Bill

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

William,

You should be able to edit how the fields appear using the configuration of the Attribute Table widget.

Per your quote, it is the actual editing of records in the web service via the Attribute Table that is not supported at this time.

0 Kudos
WilliamMiller4

Thanks for clearing that up Seth. It's working now. Maybe restarting the App Builder fixed the glitch. Before, I'd make changes using the attribute table configuration, click Okay, but was not given the option to Save the changes. It was like I hadn't done anything that needed to be saved. Then, when I'd go back into the attribute table configuration, all the changes would be gone. No json file was being generated in the configs folder either.

Now that that's working, do you know how I can change the name of the layer? I tried going into the config_Atrribute Table.json and changing the "name" of the layer, but the change doesn't appear in App Builder. I've tried restarting App Builder a number of times, but so far with no success. This worked with 1.3.

0 Kudos
SethLewis1

How're you bringing your content into App Builder? Are you using web maps or the LocalLayer widget? (I'm assuming that you're using Developer Edition. Correct me if I'm wrong).

In Hosted Web App Builder the Attribute Table's layer name is inherited from the authoring web map's layer name.

0 Kudos
WilliamMiller4

Hi Seth,

I'm using web maps and the Developer Edition of Web App Builder. The data I'm pulling is from an Arc 10.0 server. I can change the table names in WAB 1.3, which pulls the same data from the same server.

Bill

0 Kudos
SethLewis1

Hi Bill,

I don't have access to a 10.0 server to test against developer edition 2.0 so I can't perform a 1:1 comparison. But just now I was able to re-name a table layer in the Attribute Table.

I used developer edition 2.0 paired with a 10.2.2 web service. After I renamed the web map's layer the corresponding attribute table layer's reflected the change.

Since you were able to rename the layer in 1.3, this may be a bug in the newest 2.0 release.

Seth

0 Kudos
WilliamMiller4

Hi Seth,

I found the following thread with the same problem, and a reply with code to fix it.

https://community.esri.com/thread/175043#comment-607459

It worked for me. Thanks for your help.

Bill