can Search and Situation widgets be grouped in Launchpad?

06-18-2019 02:08 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says "This widget cannot be grouped with other widgets." when trying to group the Search widget and Situational Awareness widgets. I am using Launchpad. The icon in the Anchorbarcontroller is of basically simply there to open them i.e. instantiate them. So I would think this should be possible at least conceptually? I am fine with how they open and work otherwise.  I just want to hide their icons because we have 'too many' buttons on the bottoms, so I want to hide the Search and Situation Awareness away in an Advance tools group panel.   (the house icon "Advanced Tools and Property Analysis" - on www.sagis.org/map/  )

Jianxia Song

Is there a workaround?  Or if not, may I suggest this be a Feature Enhancement for a future WebApp Builder update?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kevin, unfortunately, the answer is no as these two are off-panel widgets. if you open their manifest.json, the inPanel property is set to false. Only inPanel widgets can be grouped. Hope this helps. Jianxia

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jianxia Song‌ ah yes.. I figured so... Yes indeed I had read the docs https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/in-panel-and-off-panel-widget.htm

May I please recommend this as a feature enhancement?  After all, while the widgets themselves are different in terms of UI rendering (being off-panel, vs in a panel for launchpad) ... I just want to hide their launching button, the icon.  I would think simply the ability to put the icon that launches them (instantiate) should not matter whether they are off-panel or in-panel?  Once launched, the code and behavior is different. And they are completely fine in how they work and look. It is simply the button that launches them that I want to hide, and I suspect many other people would also like this ability to hide any widget launching button, no matter whether on or off panel. Thank you!  

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the explanation Kevin. An enhancement has been logged.