Batch Update Records in Related Table

Jump to solution
07-05-2017 02:35 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to batch update multiple records in a related table?  I have a asset point feature class with a related inspection table (1:M relationship). Field crew would like to select multiple points on the map (some points are stacked) and add a new inspection related record to all points at once, instead of clicking through to each feature and adding a new related record.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There is no batch related record update capability at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
WarwickHehir
New Contributor

In addition to the question above how does one use the attribute table feature to edit a row (record).  For instance if a field has domain being able to change a record using a drop down in the attribute table at the bottom of the screen.

Plus how do you permanently hide fields from the user.  Hiding fields via the App Builder doesn't see to effect the We Map Application.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The Attribute Table is for viewing attribute data only and does not allow for editing. Use the Edit widget or the Smart Editor widget for your editing needs.

Note:

The current version of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS does not support attribute editing or feature deletion through the Attribute Table widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There is no batch related record update capability at this time.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos
SteveLane
New Contributor II

I had this question as well. My understanding is that ESRI is actually working on this right now for WAB. But I have a few workarounds. If there is a lot of duplicated data in your records, just take the data for each inspection that is unique out in the field, and then you can use a filter and field calculate all of the duplicate info in the web map itself, because you CAN perform field calcs on related tables. Just filter for that days date or whatnot, and then calc the relevant info. Or use default values when possible. We do this a lot for tree inspections. Cheers!

BronwynDitchburn
New Contributor II

Hi Steve,

I have had same issue with weed observations and treatments . Sounds like a good solution. Just to confirm when you filter the data are you using the map or App in Agol not map in collector out in the field

Further wouldn't the inspection record or in my case treatment record already have to exist  or will field calc create a new records in the treatment table? 

KellyArmstrong
Occasional Contributor II

I need the same functionality too, to enter in maintenance/services to multiple features in bulk/batch...

KevinMacLeodCAI
Occasional Contributor II

This is a vital use case for any utilities work or other work where you frequently re-visit an asset like a fire hydrant to inspect it. And you might have a street with ten hydrants or a street with 100 houses you are inspecting and want to enter a single attribute or a few attributes many times, with the same value. I hope this can be added to WebApp Builder because it will be a few years before Experience Builder can replace it. Would be my #1 requests for WAB I think. Everything else has been implemented or can be customized like moving popups and even grouping of layers in Launchpad with multiple layer lists. WAB is such a great platform, great team, great design.

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Agree with all comments here. Be sure to kudo/follow two ideas for this: here and here . The second link is noted by @AlixVezina that this would be considered as an enhancement for Experience Builder, rather than WAB.

0 Kudos