Batch attribute editor widget, selects all objects, bug?

08-09-2022 05:05 AM
Labels (1)
MickeAndersson
New Contributor

We have people that has been without noticing selected all objects and unfortunately changed attributes and lots of work to restore the data.

Steps to reproduce running Microsoft edge Version 104.0.1293.47 and Portal Enterprice 10.9.1

• Configure the widget against a vector layer and attribute then allow  only extent tool for selecting
  • Save and open the Webapp
  • Select the extent tool
  • Zoom in to one of the objects
  • If you right click and drag the map at the same time (this is the trigger to the strange behaivor) 
  • Ignore the Windows popup and left click directly someware on the map.

Now it's selecting all the objects until maximum records of the service is reached. 

You can see how many is selected to the left of the layername but its so small and when they are zoomed in they dosen't notice that alla are selected visualy in the map.

Is it possibile for you to reprocude this behaivor?

Possible to change the widget in the future? and have a configurable warning of maximum selections or in the Attribute pop-up show the number that is selected would also improve.

Regards 

Micke

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MickeAndersson ,

I'm not currently able to reproduce this on my end. Please would you be able to provide screenshots of your configuration of the Batch Attribute Editor widget, along with a recording of the behavior? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Michael_Andersson
New Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina 

Sorry for the delay, i needed to find att tool showing left click(yellow) and right click( blue) to better show how i'm doing in the video. It's like you pan with right click and then left click someware to get rid of the windows pop-up.

Unfortunately the video is not so smooth but hope you can see.

I also attached the configuration so lets see if you can reproduce this now.

Regards

Micke Andersson

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Michael_Andersson , I think I am repeating the same steps, but I can't seem to observe any issues on my end even when right-clicking.

I do not understand the part where you are right-clicking - what is the purpose of the right-click in this workflow?

If this may be an issue related to your data or the map you are using, I would recommend forwarding this to Esri Support and perhaps they can take a closer look at your setup and workflow and identify the source of the issue you are seeing. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Michael_Andersson
New Contributor II

Hi @AlixVezina 

So true, there is no purpose with the right-click, its done by mistake therefore also really difficult to identify that this was the cause of the problem. 

I will take it to the ESRI support, and thank's alot for trying to reproduce the error!