Attribute Widget for WAB Not Allowing Some Tables to Sort by Field

08-13-2015 02:44 PM
TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

My title to this discussion pretty much sums it up but recently have noticed behavior (cannot say for sure if it was always this way or not) where some tables are not sort-able within the attribute widget.  We are using 10.3.1 Portal with 10.3.1 server.

Anyone else notice the same issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi, Tim,

The tables are sort-able only when the "supportsPagination" parameter of your feature service is true. (Please type in featureserver_url?f=json to open this page).

TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, again I am met with an ESRI bug as the answer.  Since pagination is required and we run Oracle 11g we are at the mercy of a fix.

Who owns this bug?  ESRI or Oracle?  If Oracle, has ESRI attempted to push Oracle to support pagination?

0 Kudos
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

Hey Tim,

I recently had this same issue reference an oracle table and lost a large portion of my hair trying to figure it out. I'm still unsure exactly what caused the bug but when i made two changes and republished my map the fields were then able to be sorted.  The first changed was to edit the query layer to select the top 100 features.  As my table was fairly large this needed to be done to boost my speed in the viewer a little.  The second thing was to enable time on a date/time field in the table.  I'm fairly certain it had to do with this date/time field in my case.  I enabled the time on the table and set it up for the proper time zone and daylight savings.  After making both of these changes i am no able to sort all fields in the table.  Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
TimothySandstrom
New Contributor III

I will give it a try Brian but I think what I have disovered on another issue associated to being blamed on pagination and Oracle 11g is actually not a problem at all.  Or at least the major issue.

Per other conversation regarding the inability for the newly enhanced Search widget within Portal (and AGOL) to work on Oracle 11g published services was again blamed on pagination.  However, I did my intial testing in Portal but when using the same exact web map setup in AGOL I could search with no issue.

Same is true with Explorer for ARcGIS.  Which leads me to believe it is something within Portal that is the issue and not pagination.

Especially if you were able to find a workaround and I have some tables that are sortable and some that are not.  If it was a true pagination issue I couldn't have ANY sortable tables within Portal WAB.

0 Kudos