Arrow keys and numbers on numpad behave incorrectly at times in pop-ups and widgets

Jump to solution
04-29-2015 02:51 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all

I'm wondering if others encounter this - I haven't been able to find any discussions or questions on it yet.

Sometimes, when the cursor focus is in a pop-up or widget field and trying to use the arrow keys to move the cursor to the left or right, they instead start to move the actual map in the background.

In a similar fashion, sometimes in the same situation, attempting to type in numbers using the numbers on the Numpad (with Numlock on obviously) causes the map to move as well, as if they were arrow keys and as if the focus was on the map rather than the input field.

Has anyone else encountered this and any ideas on how to fix?

Regards,

-Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

I had the same question here Javascript geocoder 10 key panning and here Javascript API 10 key panning

Hope these help.

-Stan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I have the same problem when attempting to type in a text box and my cursor is over the map. My solution is to move the cursor away from the map. I would assume there is code that says when text box is selected ignore all other functions.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

I had the same question here Javascript geocoder 10 key panning and here Javascript API 10 key panning

Hope these help.

-Stan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Stan

Thanks for your reply - those links helped understand what's going on and how to fix.

I note that those links were dated back last year with an expectation that they would be fixed in future Web App Builder versions, but I'm still experiencing it in the latest WAB Dev version 1.1. I have flicked an email to one of the Esri WAB team to check whether this "bug" is logged as one to resolve or not.

Cheers,

-Paul

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

No problem. The second link was dated earlier this month and was commented on by Matt Driscoll​ to get it fixed.

-Stan