ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Search widget not giving suggestions when searching for double data type

Jump to solution
12-08-2016 02:27 PM
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

I have a Web App deployed that is making use of the new Search widget, but it doesn't want to give us suggestions with a double type. It's working as intended with locators, as well as text types, but not the double.

It lets us fill out the entire double before it shows us a suggestion for the full value.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

This is not an issue specific to WAB Search Widget. If you look in the browsers developer tools and network traffic tab the query that is submitted is a equals operator query and not a like query. This will need to be reported to esri tech support and likely an enhancement request filed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

This is not an issue specific to WAB Search Widget. If you look in the browsers developer tools and network traffic tab the query that is submitted is a equals operator query and not a like query. This will need to be reported to esri tech support and likely an enhancement request filed.

EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

Good morning Robert,

That looks like it's exactly it. I will look into this and see what I can come up with.

I might also just cast the double as a text, because we use it only for displaying the value, so it shouldn't matter if it's a double or text.

Thank you!

0 Kudos