arcgis online - querry widget

08-31-2017 05:39 AM
BiHAdmin
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to set a filter expression (one query) which result can be used by the other queries (list of queries) as initial input?

I want to apply only one expression/selection (ask for values) in the first query and use that result in other queries.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Boris

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Boris,

No that is not an option. You can use the results of a previous field query to refine the results of the next field in your query though, by using "Values filtered by previous expressions" or "Values filtered by all other expressions"

Query widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
BiHAdmin
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for the response Robert but it won't help me. I saw that options. I can't apply that because I have three info graphic (bar charts) widgets which I use to display different columns form the same table based on the same query expression (E.g. "Select a Region"), so each time I must activate a different query widget to affect/activate a info graphic widget related to different columns from the table. Maybe this is not good explanation what I want, but at the end I need a solution which can be used to "query the queries" and I started to look at "create custom widget" options which require programming/coding. Do you have any recommendation where to start in that way? Is there any quick solution in that case so I don't have to go through all that developing staff .  Again, thanks a lot anyway! Boris

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

BiH,

Well if you are not an experienced JS Developer then what you are wanting is going to be very difficult. The closest thing there is to what you want is my custom eSearch widget that allows you to add or remove from a current search results or the use of the spatial query, where you can search the same search layer or another layer based on its spatial relationship.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731-enhanced-search-widget-version-211-080116 

0 Kudos
BiHAdmin
New Contributor

Thanks Robert I checked your custom Enhanced Search and more widgets. I realized how it works in Dev environment (WAB) and I just need to start with JS training . Best  regards, Boris.

0 Kudos