Adding a Custom Logo to Maps Using the WAB Print Widget

01-12-2015 12:43 PM
LarryJahn
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to add a custom logo to the maps generated by the WAB Print Widget.  Is this possible without writing code?

11 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Larry,

A custom logo would reside in the mxd of the print template. There is no coding needed.

Create a template with the logo on it then add the mxd to the location where your print templates are for your arcgis server. You need to make sure the WAB is pointing to the right print service. Once that is done the template should show up in the drop down box in the widget for you to choose to print with that template.

Here is a tutorial: ArcGIS Help 10.1

0 Kudos
LarryJahn
Occasional Contributor

Stan: 

Thanks for the response.

I'm purely in an AGO environment when I use WAB.  I am not using an internal ArcGIS Server, so I don't have customized print services.  Is there a way to setup print templates in AGO?  Thanks!

Larry

0 Kudos
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

No, I don't think so.  The MXDs have to reside in a folder on the server I order for the print task to be able to access them, and uploading MXDs is not supported in AGO.

GISP
City_of_Edgewater__Fl_GIS_Div_
New Contributor III

I'm also looking for a way to create a custom printing template for use with WAB not using ArcGIS Server, has this become available?

0 Kudos
LarryJahn
Occasional Contributor

No, unfortunately it hasn’t been implemented, and I’ve never found a work around.

They list the status for my support request regarding this issue as “not in current product plan” and the severity as “low”, so it doesn’t appear it will happen anytime soon. 

You can, however, vote for the idea here:

https://shar.es/1CQBQj

City_of_Edgewater__Fl_GIS_Div_
New Contributor III

Done, thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Once ArcGIS Server has been fixed to allow printing support for MapImageLayer then there will be a way to do this but not until then.

BUG-000090606 - A client-side image is not rendered correctly by t..

KevinRobicheau
New Contributor II

Branding on our maps via the print widget would be really useful as we are about to go from ArcGIS server to a strictly AGOL/WebApp Builder setup. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

That was two years ago you should check if the current ArcGIS Server can print a MapImageLayer.

0 Kudos