Add Data Widget - CSV file error

Jump to solution
10-05-2018 03:30 AM
Sai_Krishna_ChaitanyaSathavall
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to upload a csv file to 'Add Data' widget and receive the "Analyze exception null" error. I am using Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.9 and Portal for ArcGIS 5.1. However if i try to add the layer in ArcGIS Online with the same CSV file it works fine.

Attached here with the CSV file and error snippet.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chaitanya,

The AGOL WAB version is 2.10 and it must be that they have fixed some issue that you are having with the CSV file. Portal 10.6.1 uses WAB version 2.8. If you wait for Portal 10.6.2 then it will have WAB 2.10.

About release versions—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chaitanya,

The AGOL WAB version is 2.10 and it must be that they have fixed some issue that you are having with the CSV file. Portal 10.6.1 uses WAB version 2.8. If you wait for Portal 10.6.2 then it will have WAB 2.10.

About release versions—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

New Contributor

Robert, Thanks for the information. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Robert,

I was able to add the attached csv file in one of your preview applications 

https://gis.calhouncounty.org/WAB/V2.9/widgets/PopupPanel/index.html 

The below request is sent after we upload the csv file. In your application the request executes successfully. But the same request to our portal fails.

https://xxxxxxxx.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/features/analyze 

Please let me know if i am missing anything. Also can we enhance the functionality to upload xls insted of csv? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Most of my preview sites are 2.9 so your issue is still that your Portal is using 2.8 and you will have to wait for Portal 10.6.2.

No you can not use xls files.

0 Kudos