add button to Info Window Pop-up

Jump to solution
05-02-2016 03:08 PM
DaveOrlando
Occasional Contributor III

very similar question to this

Is there a widget or set a serivce on Arc Server to download selected feature from WAB pop-up window...

I have created a Property Report widget (it is just a watered down Print widget using the Export Web Map) but now I'm looking for a simple way to present this to the user. If I could find where the 'Zoom To' comes from I'm sure I can add my own Property Report button in the same fashion.

It would be ideal to place this in the pop-up. In doing so I assume I will have access to the feature's attributes to pass them to my Print code for the customTextElements.

Thanks for any possible help...

Tags (3)
15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@fahadrasheed 

OK. In 2.16 you would add a popup action. Here is the help doc link for that.

https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/create-a-feature-action-in-your-widget.htm

0 Kudos
fahadrasheed
New Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP  

I tried creating a feature action for popup window but i didn't found all the files for popup widget as mentioned in documentation, I was hoping to add a button by using 'data-dojo-attach-event' and then call the function i want to preform when that button is clicked.

Is it possible or is feature action is the only way forward?

ThankYou,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

@fahadrasheed

A feature action is the proper way forward.

0 Kudos
fahadrasheed
New Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

A feature action seems complicated for a simple task like  adding a button, also popup is not a proper widget which means it does not reside in 'app\widget' folder, I found some files of popup in 'app\jimu.js\dijit' and I didn't find a proper file or folder structure for popup as other widgets have i.e edit.

So how can I follow the instruction which were given in the link you provided when  popup is not a proper widget with complete file structure.

ThankYou,

0 Kudos
fahadrasheed
New Contributor III

@RobertScheitlin__GISP 

Thanks a lot, this is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos