Accessing App made in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition

06-06-2017 11:52 AM
TobyJacobs2
New Contributor II

Hi all - 

I'm not very knowledgeable about servers, proxies, etc.. and can't quite figure this out from the instructions.

I downloaded the WAB Developer Edition to use a single custom widget (PopUpPanel) in a web app. I created the web app no problem with an address of https://<my computer name>:3344/webappbuilder/apps/7/ 

Now I would like to be able to access it from "My Content" in my AGOL site and publish it on my website. I'm not clear on whether this means I need to "deploy it on my web server" or not since I'm using AGOL rather than a separate server.

I downloaded the app zip file, extracted it, and that's where I'm stuck. Should I be using "Add Item --> Application" from My Content? What "type" is my app? I'm assuming I want "Add Item --> Application --> Web Mapping --> Ready to use/Javascript --> ..." and then I'm not sure where to find the URL for the app unless if it is the same as what I posted above.

As you can see, I'm a bit lost, but it feels like it should not be too many steps to get there. Any help much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Toby

1 Reply
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Toby,

You will need to host the application on your own web server.  You can then add it as an item to AGOL by performing the steps you listed above so that it is discoverable within your Organization.  This actually won't copy the application to AGOL, it will just reference the application from your web server.