When filtering on STBDS layer in WAB, support unique value drop down

06-05-2020 05:27 AM
OliviaDeSimone
Occasional Contributor

When setting up the filter widget on a layer hosted in my organization's spatiotemporal big data store, I noticed that the drop down you typically get when you set it to ask for the user to enter a unique value.  Typically, this setting will generate a list of unique values that exist in in the field you are trying to filter, but for a STBDS layer, it just does nothing or spins a loading circle.

I submitted a support case, and they said that it does not work because aggregated queries are not currently supported for the SBDS.

Web AppBuilder filter widget configured on a STDBS layer to ask the user for unique value from drop down, but the drop down is not generating.

1 Comment
DanWade

Hello,

I just wanted to add the detail related to this functionality not being supported.

ArcGIS REST API > Query (Feature Service/Layer)
(The last paragraph of the "Description" section)
"To use pagination with aggregated queries (queries using either returnDistinctValues, or outStatistics with groupByFieldsForStatistics) on hosted feature services in ArcGIS Enterprise, the supportsPaginationOnAggregatedQueries property must be true on the layer. Hosted feature services using a spatiotemporal data store do not currently support pagination on aggregated queries."