WAB Near Me widget - Search only layers turned on

09-14-2018 10:04 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using the Near Me widget in a crime map to identify what type of crimes occurred near a selected location.  I have the crimes divided into their own layers- i.e. burglary, assaults, narcotics.  In the widget's setting, I have the layers selected in the "Select search layer" setting and Only draw selected layer results checked.  

On the map, I only have one crime selected in the layer list and displayed on the map. The problem is when I only want to see one type of incident near me-

the widget turns on the layers and returns everything that is in "select search layer" setting:

Currently, I'll have to create a Near Me widget for each type of crime and set each to select only one layer.  The user would have to select the corresponding near me widget.  Being able to query only the layers that are turned on in the maps layer list would be great.

1 Comment
JordanEvans2

I have noticed this as well. Being able to filter which features you want returned by which are displayed seems intuitive to me, more so than filtering after the query.