Sorting by a field in the Info Summary Widget

12-16-2016 11:42 AM
ClarkLangridge
Occasional Contributor II

Currently the Info Summary widget does not allow sorting by a field.  Were using the widget to display a summary of lakes where fish have been stocked over the past 5 years.  The list of names ends up looking completely random to the user, making it harder for them to find a particular lake.  So the option to specify a sort field would go a long way to making this a more user-friendly widget for our clients.

Tags (1)
9 Comments
ChelseaRozek

The widget is pretty useless to us without the ability to sort the results. Also, in case anyone else is having this issue, one of the info summary layers won't expand and show its results. It just shows the loading animation, however the other two load fine.

JoelClark2

Yes please. As is it doesn't not appear to sort on any field, it is truly random. For users wishing to work around the problem you can create an almost identical user experience using the Operations Dashboard list view which actually does allow sort.

AsheinAbeysekara

I've found that the loading animation problem occurs if it has trouble reading any data from the hosted feature layer or if something in the schema has changed since originally making the info summary (eg. certain columns hidden, etc).

AsheinAbeysekara

It sorts alphabetically based on the first field out of the three fields you can display. So by changing this you can change how it sorts the list.

SeanO_Boyle

hi,

I thought i could use the summary widget to display dates in ascending or even descending order but esri is formatting the dates as text therefore the order gets messed up therefore 06/01/2021 (DD/MM/YYYY) is after 14/01/2021. Anyone got any ideas, workarounds or custom widgets?

SeanO_Boyle_0-1610642518632.png

VamsiYarramaasu

Yes. Info Summary widget seems to think Date field as Text field and sorts based on the text value. I hope this can be fixed in future releases.

SeanO_Boyle
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'd appreciate if this could be resolved as soon as possible as it's a really fundamental requirement.

JenniferHansmeyer

Following up with the same problem using this widget. I really need to be able to sort chronologically. Any work arounds or updates on this issue?

VamsiYarramaasu

Better to reach out to Esri Tech Support to log an Enhancement/BUG request.