Screening Widget extras

09-18-2017 05:57 AM
JudithCauldwell
Occasional Contributor

Really like the screening widget and the ability to report back intersecting features, especially as it honours filters set on layers. I'd love to see extra functionality with this including...

1. Ability to set a negative buffer to avoid polygons being reported if they only share a boundary with the feature being analysed - this means neighbours results wouldn't show up on the report
  2. Allow area / length units reported to be customised to include smaller measurements such as metres squared.
  3. Allow coordinates to be entered in the map coordinate system rather than just lat / long
  4. Adding a Notes heading to the print out so the notes section doesn't get lost. Even better have a tab in the widget where you can add notes for the print out with the standard styling buttons of bold, italic etc.
  5. For the map page of the report, carry through the layout selected rather the just the page size. Though I do like the fact that the legend that is printed is adaptive, rather than showing all classifications for the layer.
  6. Set a minimum scale for the map in the report, potentially even 'only show report map at cached scales'
  7. Set sort order on report fields
  8. Potential for printing a map extract for each area identified on the report (would be nice but could end up with a really long report...)
  9. Identify reported features on the map (or at least the option to)
  10. Split results tables over pages to save paper
  11. Option to print without the web header and footer
  12. Allow download of results tables / map image only (rather than feature geometry) to get round potential licensing restrictions.

So just a couple of things then... but generally am really looking forward to this coming to Portal.

J 🙂

6 Comments
MarkCooper5

Agree with all of this, but the point about the map only showing at cached scales is really important - for us, when this is used on a mobile device, the scale the map prints is not one where there is a cache and therefore there is no basemapping!

JasonHinsen

I would enjoy the option to include or omit the locational reference information as a toggle.  Current version always includes an x,y column by default, but this is an undesired result for data that wishes to keep the x,y location slightly more discreet.  In the same interest of discretion, it would be great to limit the draw radius/extents in some way so that the entire dataset cannot be selected and downloaded en masse.

GeorgiyYaroslavtsev

The most necessary functionality is option to choose coordinate system in which area and length in report will be calculated.

And also if I choose attribute value in location form, based on the vector layer, I'd like to see report for all features with this value, not only one, that selected like how it now works.

AdaLi1
by

Especially #7: setting order of the fields appearing in the report.

Another thing I would like to see: being able to submit a template for the report layout without using WAB for Developer

CarolineChanEEC

I like the negative buffer idea... or the ability to omit from the report "area < x", or "length < y". I'm getting a lot of superfluous edges.

SarahNoakes1

I'd like the option to print the report without a map.