Rounding Control in Smart Editor Widget

02-01-2019 11:41 AM
AnnieBrough
New Contributor III

I am using the Smart Editor widget in WAB to create and then move point features to specific XY locations. However, upon doing so I noticed that when I enter an X or Y coordinate with 6 decimal places, it is automatically rounded to 3 decimal places. This is extremely infuriating as it is placing my point 30+ metres away from where it should be. When recording the exact location of something in a forest, this 30+ metres introduces significant and unnecessary error. I have been unable to find a setting in the widget where I can change the number of decimal places, however, the number of decimal places in the Coordinate widget CAN be changed. Please add this functionality to the Smart Editor widget as well!

4 Comments
AndrewWallick

This is absolutely critical. The smart editor widget is great, but not being able to place a precise point is impacting what we can actually do with it. We have food bank deliveries going out to people, but often the closest we can get a point is across the street. This costs us valuable time for our volunteers and workers delivering the food, as they are routed to the wrong address. The issue is especially bad in apartment complexes, where the point could send them to the wrong building or even the wrong apartment complex.

AlixVezina
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@AnnieBrough I believe this issue should be resolved, please can you help confirm in your application with your use case? Thank you!

rami_shah

Now it shows "14 decimal places".  I am able to save "6 decimal places" in the database. Is it possible to set limit of decimal places at the Widget?

AlixVezina

@rami_shah Where are you using coordinates? Is this for Coordinate Attribute Actions?