Group Layers in Web App Builder as individual services

09-15-2015 07:16 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Group Layers in Web App Builder as individual services.  In Silverlight, I can publish a group layer and access the individual layers as separate entities, but in web app builder its all the layers as one service, so to get the same functionality, I now need to publish 30 separate services.  I want to pick certain services, and turn some on an some off.  Currently WAB only supports all on or all off.  Needs more flexibility.
4 Comments
DylanKennard

Also should be able to add multiple services and group them.  In essence the grouping and arranging of TOC in ArcMap should be paralleled in Web Map Items and thus Web Applications.  Geocortex has this years ago.  It's a staple for online web maps.

UlfBecker

Agree with Dylan's comments.  We often see the same data published more than one time ONLY because people want to see them grouped them differently for different purposes.  We need flexibility to group or un-group to minimize the need to publish more and more services.

by Anonymous User

I'd like to be able to group / regroup layers in a webmap (cascading hierarchy of multiple levels) and also group via API.  So things like LocalLayers could work.  

Yes, I publish the same services many, many different times. Simply for the Groups in the MXDs, so they can be organized in the Layer List in WAB.

City_ofJohns_Creek_GIS

Definitely need this in Web AppBuilder now that you can group layers in Map Viewer (beta).  Grouped layers in Map Viewer (beta) are split back into separate layers in the layer list widget... which means a huge, unending list of layers in a web app.