Give user ability to change symbology in Layer List Widget

08-31-2017 10:06 AM
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Web AppBuilder for ArcGISDerek Law

It would be very beneficial if users had the ability to customize symbology of layers in the Layer List Widget. Changing Line Width/Color/Polygon Fills would assist our users with color vision deficiency. It would also help reduce cost in printing, as Black and White prints would become much more feasible.

Ideally this preference would be set in the cache. The framework is already in place; Some settings are already cached, like extent and layer visibility.

This ability already exists in the Query Widget, which is wonderful. Maybe it could be extended to the Layer List widget. See Idea: https://geonet.esri.com/ideas/12640-allow-user-to-modify-symbology-of-query-widget-results

UI Builder Layout Ideas:

Widget
WAB Layer List User Color

Builder Config

App Config

10 Comments
PhilLarkin1

This is not available at WAB 2.6

PhilipGlasner1

I would support to have this to option to switch between unique events, heatmap and clustering. This way, if I want to use , e.g., a filter I do not need to set the filter up three times.

PhilLarkin1

Also not available at 2.7

ScottLarkin

I would also support to have this option available, this would be very handy to be able to analyse you own data based on attribute data

LanceKirby2

Why hasn't this been implemented yet!

BrianLeroux

It's almost 2020. How is this not available yet? 

PhilLarkin1

Because ESRI is on the the Next Big Thing

ArcGIS Experience Builder | Build, Deploy, and Manage GIS Web Apps 

BrianLeroux

Oh great. Just really got into using WebApp Builder in the past 6 months and have a lot of time into building custom widgets. Hope my code is reusable with this Experience Builder.

ScottLarkin

FYI - I found out yesterday during an OZRI conference that the widgets in WAB are not directly transferable to Experience Builder, you will have to re-create the widget in EB using your existing code from WAB with some modifications

BrianLeroux

Thanks Scott. I saw the same after digging. Looks like EB is build on 4.x so WAB wigets would deinately need to be modified. I also read that EB will not obsolete WAB and it will continue to be maintained seperately.