Enhancements for the "Query" widget in Web AppBuilder

09-29-2016 09:51 AM
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

A few little modifications would be make this widget perfect:

1. Allow a user to hit Enter on keyboard after they fill in their "attribute criteria" in the query box.  Currently the only option is to click the "Execute" button.
  2. Once the query results are shown, include a button to allow user to "restart the query" from the beginning.  This would be similar to Robert Scheitlin's Flex Viewer enhanced search.  See attached pics for examples.  Right now they have to click the Tasks tab and then back arrow(s) to restart, which is not optimal for novice users.
2 Comments
ToddHenry1

I'd like to add two more.

1.  Enable the user to give a new for the resulting layer instead of Query Name_Result.  This is especially useful if you have the create new layer each time the query is run option enabled.  Sometimes, I want to see two different subsets of the same layer / service on the map and then run some analysis.  It is hard to remember which one is which.

2.  Enable the user to remove those layers from the map directly from the Layer widget instead of re-opening the query widget.  I often end up with many query layers as I use it to view a trade area of a specific location.

Nicholas_ISeigal

I would like to see the following also:

1.  Select multiple, non-adjacent features into a selection set with shapes (i.e. enable placement of multiple selection shapes before Apply).

4. Support add-to/remove-from (in addition to the current create-new) operations on selection sets (should also apply to the Select widget).