Customizable PDF Template Builder in Print Widget in ArcGIS Web App Builder

01-14-2021 02:21 PM
Labels (2)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem: As the Print Widget is right now, there is only one PDF Export option available and the largest PDF export size available is 11"x17".  

As my company starts to adopt ESRI tools for gas pipeline design, there needs to be an output in different sizes that are currently available in the Print Widget. Some of the cities that we perform our work in have a robust GIS but there are also some that are still paper (PDF) based. My line of business in will need to export PDFs containing line, point and polygon features drawn by designers using Survey123, Field Maps and the Smart Editor tool in and ArcGIS Web App. The designers output needs to be a PDF containing a map view of what was designed using ArcGIS tools in order to apply for permits. The PDF template needs to comply to company standards so it needs to be customizable in the Print Widget. My line of business will need to produce a 24"x36" PDF of the project area with a title block containing project information such as job number, designer's name, lead's name, approving supervisor, revision number, and status of design.

Proposed Idea: The print widget in ArcGIS Web App Builder should have a custom PDF Template builder built into the Print Widget configuration.  

Thanks for listening to my idea.

2 Comments
KevinMacLeodCAI

You can create your own template MXDs for WAB and create a custom Print service, and then point the Print widget at that. I have done that to get up to poster size (ANSI D 48") outputs. Here is some documentation -  Publish a print service with custom layouts from ArcMap—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Ent...

However, what if customers do not have their own ArcGIS Server, and they are using ArcGIS Online?

It would be excellent if default page sizes up to D or E size were added, and also let users customize the Print widget in WAB to control what template layout options appear as Michael suggests. And letting the legend print onto multiple pages optionally.  

AnnieD_WLP

This would be wonderful! Also allow user to add company logo, map notes, etc. A little coding for ESRI developer would benefit all AGOL users. AGOL sounds good but when I dive into it, many functions are not so user friendly or well debugged.