add Ortho mode, and snapping to JS API Measure, and Edit widget

01-17-2020 11:33 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add an Orthogonal mode to the JS API and AGOL measure widget.   And add snapping; with programmer and/or user-specified layers to snap to.  Make both these features accessible by key combo and/or also by graphical user interface (might be more discoverable; but may be nicer to tuck away via key combo for pro apps for power users)  I also suggest adding these both to the Editing widget.  Would like this in 3.x (because we use WAB 2D) but I would imagine it would probably only make it to the 4.x.

Ortho mode in measurement was actually one thing I liked in AutoCad that seems to just work easily and nicely.

Jianxia Song Here is my user story example - I wanted to measure a 30-foot easement off a property line at a few spots. I would like to measure a straight line at 90 degrees at a few spots, and of course starting at the property line (snapped to). Currently is "eyeballed", which is not optimal.

Tags (2)
1 Comment
MarkCallahan

Snapping is so important that it is incredible that it is still not universally adopted throughout the ESRI product line. It would also be very nice if there was an option to force the measurement angle such as to ensure a straight line to keep it on a 90 degree angle.