Using AV4S with ArcGIS.COM

07-18-2012 09:30 AM
AliDiba
New Contributor
I am trying to add several layers from my ArcGIS.COM. I am able to add the layer but I keep getting the exclamation mark displayed next to the layer indicating that the "Layer Could not be Updated". Any idea what is going on here. The ArcGIS.COM service is Share With Everyone (public). I have published both Map and Feature services. [ATTACH=CONFIG]16202[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: 370838

It turns out the Map Service (tiling service) from ArcGIS.COM does not support "Query" which is a requirement for ArcGIS Viewer for SL. I am able to add an ArcGIS.COM Feature Service to my ArcGIS Viewer for SL without a problem. I created my ArcGIS.COM services using a pre-release version 10.1 of ArcGIS Desktop. I am going to try the same with the official 10.1 release to make sure it is not a release related issue. Perhaps someone from ESRI can make a comment related to the ArcGIS Viewer for SL support for ArcGIS.COM based services.
0 Kudos
IvanGnevanov
New Contributor III
I had the same problem with my local services. I've cleared my browser cache and this message disappeared.
0 Kudos