MeasureTool Add-in - Extension Load Failed

Jump to solution
05-25-2012 10:59 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
I am using ArcGIS for Server 10.1 prerelease in Amazon EC2 and have installed the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.  I have successfully installed and used your Bookmarks Add-in, however, after I install your new MeasureTool Add-in, I get an error message when I try to open an existing map application or if I try to create a ???new??? map application.  When I uninstall the MeasureTool Add-in, the error message no longer occurs.

I have attached a document with screen captures of the error message.

Thank you for your hard work and contributions.

Sincerely,
Joe
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffMcConnell
New Contributor III
I had the same problem as well, upgrading to Silverlight 5 on the client side fixed it for me.

Thanks,
Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
GalAvraham
New Contributor II
I'm having the same issue with an application containing this add-in, yet in an unconsistent manner: for some of the computers accessing this application everything is going just fine (am able to use this add-in with no trouble), but for others - am getting the "Extension Load Failed" message when trying to edit the application, and a blank window browser when trying to access it. I'm using ArcGIS Server 10.0 installed on a local machine (Win 7 Pro). Please note me if other further details are needed in order to tackle this issue.
Thanks in advance

Cheers,
Gal
0 Kudos
AndrewAidt
New Contributor
I am getting the same error after adding the .xap in Settings. I am running Windows Server 2003 R2 and 1.0.1 of ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.
0 Kudos
JeffMcConnell
New Contributor III
I had the same problem as well, upgrading to Silverlight 5 on the client side fixed it for me.

Thanks,
Jeff
0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III
Jeff:

I upgraded to Silverlight 5 on my Amazon EC2 server and the MeasureTool now works in ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight!

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Joe
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the tip, Jeff! If anyone has additional issues with the add-in after upgrading to Silverlight 5, please let us know.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
PatrickGallucci
New Contributor
I am also having the same issue.  I have tried changing out Silverlight to version 4 and 5 with no luck. I can add the extension just fine, but when I open a map this is the error I get.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16553[/ATTACH]

I am attempting to load the TimeSlider tool.

Thanks

Patrick Gallucci
0 Kudos
KatherineDalton
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Patrick,

By any chance did you install the ArcGIS API for Silverlight v3.0 instead of v2.4? If so, you might try rolling back to v2.4 and see if that works. Let us know.

Katy
Katy Dalton | Technical Consultant
THE SCIENCE OF WHERE™
0 Kudos
EzequiasRodrigues_da_Rocha
New Contributor III
Are you talking about the Rich Zwaap measure tool?

I tried to use it but it just doesn't appears in my toolbar.

Have anyone tried the measure tool from Rich Zwaap?

Link for the tool: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=7530abad98bd471da53a2d1716928c40

Regards
Ezequias
0 Kudos
jp
by
New Contributor II
I am having similar issue but with a custom Addin. I have Silverlight 5 installed. The custom Addin has couple of tools and a behavior. I am able to upload successfully but once I try to run the tool from the viewer it freezes. And when I go back to the edit the viewer from builder it throws the Class load failed error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
0 Kudos