Changing computer name affects editing the already built web application,

05-02-2013 12:39 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Changing computer name affects editing the already built web application,

The computer name is changed and thus editing the built web application are affected. I�??m not able to edit web applications built by (Access is Denied):

1. ArcGIS Web Applications for the Microsoft .NET Framework (ADF)
2. ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight
3. ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23925[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]23926[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]23927[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]23928[/ATTACH]

How to be able to edit the web application after the name of computer is changed?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PietaSwanepoel2
Occasional Contributor
Look at the KB link inside this forum post. Your problem might be related to how the security is set on server

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/82989-Deployed-Apps-not-showing-up-in-Builder
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Look at the KB link inside this forum post. Your problem might be related to how the security is set on server

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/82989-Deployed-Apps-not-showing-up-in-Builder

Many thanks guys for the help,

All what I did is giving the user �??never notify�?� property in the user account control (UAC). And it did work. I could edit the applications

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24048[/ATTACH]

What do you think?

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
Many thanks guys for the help,

All what I did is giving the user �??never notify�?� property in the user account control (UAC). And it did work. I could edit the applications

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24048[/ATTACH]

What do you think?

Best

Jamal

"Never notify" means that you also will no longer receive messages when any malicious software attempts to make changes to your server. Making a more "surgical" change by following the instructions in the link posted by PietaS175 and only allow the minimum necessary to solve your issue is a more appropriate action if you like to follow "best practices".
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

"Never notify" means that you also will no longer receive messages when any malicious software attempts to make changes to your server. Making a more "surgical" change by following the instructions in the link posted by PietaS175 and only allow the minimum necessary to solve your issue is a more appropriate action if you like to follow "best practices".

Very much appreciated Marco,

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos