Select to view content in your preferred language

Silverlight Viewer Builder Site not loading

07-31-2013 06:42 AM
DanPajak
Regular Contributor
For some reason, after a few days of inactivity, the Builder site for the Silverlight Viewer 3.1 does not load. I get a server error. It is installed on my local machine. It has worked previously without issue. The last time this happened I uninstalled/reinstalled, then it worked. The error returned is an IIS 7 error and it seems to be related to rights but it was working at one point and I haven't altered any rights regarding the Builder site. Any help would be appreciated.

Using Silverlight Viewer 3.1, on Windows 7 64-bit with IIS 7.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
PietaSwanepoel2
Frequent Contributor
Can you access <yourserver>/Builder/default.aspx ?

Might be that configuration changed for IIS. Look in IIS at configuration settings for the Builder site.
Alternative: zip the apps and builders folders in wwwroot and re-install or repair App Builder. Might solve it
0 Kudos
DanPajak
Regular Contributor
So, I couldn't get to the default.aspx page as well. Went the reinstall route. Now I'm having numerous other problems. To start I cannot see any of my previous applications in Builder (I did .zip them, thankfully), yet I can browse to them in IIS. Do I have to somehow reregister the App folder with Builder? Seems like they only work as localhost now.

Also, I cannot connect to my ArcGIS Server services. Error states: "Invalid JSON primitive" - see attached.

Still, unsure how any IIS config changes occurred in the first place.
0 Kudos
PietaSwanepoel2
Frequent Contributor
Regarding your previous sites:
Edit the following file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Builder\App_Data\Sites.xml. This file keep a list of all your configured sites.
Open this same file that you zipped and copy the contents into the new file. Save it. Re-open the Application builder. Sites should now be listed in app builder

If you can't access an aspx file it is mostlikely because IIS don't know what to do with this extension. Meaning the Handler Mapping in IIS might be corrupted. Have you tried re-installing .NET? Also, try a repair of IIS
0 Kudos
DanPajak
Regular Contributor
Thanks Pieta, the sites.xml works fine now. I can see all my sites.

The Handler Mapping has a few references to .aspx files. I did a reinstall of both IIS and .net. Looks like everything is back in working order. I'm still puzzled why the Builder site became "corrupted" in the first place. It has happened to me a few times now with no explanation.
0 Kudos