Select to view content in your preferred language

Who to import previously created applications to "Flex" to proceed developing them?

Jump to solution
12-31-2012 09:58 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Who to import previously created applications to "Flex" to proceed developing them?

I???m wondering if there is a way to import the previously created applications from their folder (C:\inetpub\wwwroot) to the ???ArcGIS Viewer for Flex????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20344[/ATTACH]

Do we need to start from scratch if there is no tool to import our application to proceed developing them?

Thank you very much,

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
I think you can copy your older application into the Application builder's default flexviewers install directory and then it should appear in the list of applications with an "upgrade" label beside it. im not at my work computer to give the exact details but give that a try.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
I can assure you no "development" is being done using the Flex Application Builder.

You should look into using the Source Code instead of the Application Builder.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I can assure you no "development" is being done using the Flex Application Builder.

You should look into using the Source Code instead of the Application Builder.

Many thanks GIS Dev.

For me the �??ArcGIS Viewer for Flex�?� is a good point to start building a simple web application.

I thought that there might be a way to �??save/export�?� it on the hard drive and then to �??open/import�?� it.

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
I think you can copy your older application into the Application builder's default flexviewers install directory and then it should appear in the list of applications with an "upgrade" label beside it. im not at my work computer to give the exact details but give that a try.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you Gerald for the answer.

The issue is that the applications stored in the folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers are not shown in the Flex. Then how to import them to proceed working?

Please, have a look in the screenshot below

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20358[/ATTACH]
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
GeraldLee__GISP
Occasional Contributor
Thats one's got me then. Only thing I can think is maybe that particular application is not a flex app or either the flex version is too old to be directly upgraded by the app builder.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Thats one's got me then. Only thing I can think is maybe that particular application is not a flex app or either the flex version is too old to be directly upgraded by the app builder.

Thank you Gerald for the answer.

All my applications are created by ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0. The issue here that the �??ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0�?� id not able to detect all what we have on the pool folder!

I�??m not sure if there is a way to check the version of my application accommodated on the C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20376[/ATTACH]
Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos