Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
AmyHoyt
New Contributor II
Robert,

Is there a way in your legend widget to not show individual grouped legend values?  In ArcMap I have many zoning values grouped into general categories, but in the Flex Viewer Legend it shows all the individual entries (labeled with the grouped name) instead of just the few grouped categories.

See attachment.

Thanks,

Amy
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Amy,

Unfortunately not... If you look at your REST service directory for this map service you will see that it returns all the items I am showing unlike ArcMap and I take what REST returns and use that.
0 Kudos
HelioHiroshi
New Contributor III
The legend for the layers that have more than one symbol is overlaping each other.
Some of the layers that I have created has more than 10 symbols, but when I tried to get all of them, occurs the overlapping problem,
that is, all the symbols appear in the same line/space in the legend.
Is there any specific class for manipulating this? thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Helio,

I have never seen this widget have an issue with layers that have multiple symbol (i.e classified). Can you tell me if you are working with an unaltered version of my widget and if so provide me a screen shot of this occuring.
0 Kudos
HelioHiroshi
New Contributor III
Robert,
I didn't explain myself well, what I meant to say is the legends, not the symbols. In a group of legends, instead of adding the next legend below, they are overlapping. Is there any incated class to work with groups of layer's legends?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Helio Hiroshi,

Well unfortunately it is still unclear... Please provide a screenshot of the issue.
0 Kudos
HelioHiroshi
New Contributor III
I need to put a group of legends inside the items that are not expanded.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Helio Hiroshi,

I am not sure what to tell you... Are you reporting a bug or asking for the widget to do something different than it currently does?.. Do the item that are not expanded not already have legend items?... This is still very unclear...
0 Kudos
HelioHiroshi
New Contributor III
I find out where the problem is.

Thanks for your attention!
0 Kudos
AYounas
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,

Sorry in advance if this is very basic question, I couldnt fix the issue of duplicate  layer names in your latest TOC widget (One coming from with in the Service and second one from the layer label), how can I fix the issue of keeping one. I'll appreciate your help.

Regards,

Adi
0 Kudos