Table of Contents - Legend Widget for FlexViewer 2.x

12-01-2010 07:30 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is the next in my line of widgets for the FlexViewer 2.x.

The legend portion of this widget is the same code as my dynamic legend widget so,

IT IS FOR ARCGIS SERVER 10 OR GREATER ONLY

This is just a simple TOC Widget that includes my dynamic legend component.
This widget also includes my enhancement for map service transparency,
right click context menu for zoom to make layer visible, and my scale
dependent renderer for the TOC checkboxes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
664 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
John,

If your map services are not publicly accessible than you are just plain out of luck and it is time to upgrade.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Eric,

I'm afraid you are expecting a little to much. If you exclude the parent group for the annotation then the layers under it will not be able to toggle. If you try and remove just the specific anno layers and have then still controlled by the parent layer this is just not going to happen.
0 Kudos
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II
Eric,

I'm afraid you are expecting a little to much. If you exclude the parent group for the annotation then the layers under it will not be able to toggle. If you try and remove just the specific anno layers and have then still controlled by the parent layer this is just not going to happen.

Understood....thanks for the info Robert..
Eric V
0 Kudos
LeroyChristophersen
New Contributor II
Unfortunately no it is not.  So where is the command line telling the XML where to look for the TOC elements?  As you can tell I am new to this, but following other layer codes, there is a line that designates a particular layer if needed.  Is this widget different.

Do you have a suggestion for learning the basics of working FlexBuilder 4.3?

Hi Robert,
The TOC did not complete loading and the symbology was left off because one of the layers, NAIP image, was not being found.  Once I removed the layer from the mxd, the symbology loaded.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Another update is out

Version 2.3.8.6 - 6 July, 2011
* Added Ability to collapse ALL legend symbology
* Added new context menu for "expand all layers" and "collapse all layers"
* Changed the expand and contract icon for legends to the plus and minus (like in ArcMap).
0 Kudos
JohnCodd
New Contributor III
John,

If your map services are not publicly accessible than you are just plain out of luck and it is time to upgrade.

Robert, Thanks for your response.  Bear with me please.  What constitutes �??publicly accessible�?�?  My Flex Viewer application is available on all networked computers over the intranet inside our office LAN.  All operational layers draw, and other widgets that came with the Flex Viewer work fine.  Is this considered publicly available?  I test the flex application and the rest services on networked PC�??s and not the Application server.  Is there a setting on the application server or somewhere else that makes it public, or could there be something else I am not doing with the standard "Legend" widget?
<widget label="Legend" preload= "open" config="widgets/Legend/LegendWidget.xml" 
                icon="assets/images/Legend32.png"
                config="widgets/Legend/LegendWidget.xml"
         url="widgets/Legend/LegendWidget.swf"/>

Thank you.
John Codd
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
John,

Publicly accessible means that you can enter a url in a browser outside your work network like http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer and it brings up a web page and not an error.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Robert,

Is there any solution to syncing the map switcher and your TOC widget?  These tools only seem to sync at the parent level.  When I toggle one of the sub groups/layers the toggle is not reflected on the other tool.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Joshua,

No, there is not, and esri recommend that you not use the map switcher and layer list widget for the same reason. I tried to find a way to catch programmatic changes to layer visibility but the way REST handles grouped layers is not conducive to this.
0 Kudos
GauravMaske
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

Here is the screen shot of rest service directory that shows how the layers and sublayers are listed - http://screencast.com/t/PgIEHTX2klh

Screen shot of TOC -http://screencast.com/t/FgFIqwK4wbRF

Let me know if it requires more infonrmation.

Thanks,
Gaurav
0 Kudos