Setting up 'usedomain' commands in the eSearch tool, can't access domains from REST URL

10-31-2014 01:18 PM
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

I've run into this issue in the past, but I forgot how I fixed it.  I can't see the domains from SDE the REST URLs anywhere, so naturally I can't get picklists to show up in the eSearch tool.  Entering the coded value will retrieve a result, but we would of course prefer the picklist to drop down. 

Anyone have a quick fix for us?  I'm guessing it has something to do with the way we're publishing the data.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Scott,

So you are saying in your Rest Service Directory the domain is not listed for a field that is suppose to have a domain?

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

Yes sir, that is exactly what is happening.  We just enabled Feature Access just now, which actually resulted in the picklists working in the application... but the domains still do not show up in the REST URL down where all the fields are listed for the table.   Is Feature Access required for this functionality to work?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No Feature Access is not a requirement. Do you have all the services packs installed on your version of ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

I will get back to you on that, thank you.

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

We verified that we are running ArcGIS Server 10.2.2

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Scott,

It is time to contact tech support. If the Rest Service Endpoint does not list the domains then the eSearch can not do anything with them.

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

Well now we're seeing the Domains listed in the REST URL, but cannot get the usedomain="true" to work.  userlist works fine though.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Scott,

Please post your eSearchWidget.xml and a screenshot of your REST Service Directory page for one of the layers in question.

0 Kudos