Remove service directory when sign in Viewer Flex Apps

Jump to solution
09-21-2015 09:51 PM
Mohd_NurhafiziSaidin
New Contributor II

Hi,

How do I remove the url or address directory on the display in sign in po-pup when I login in my flex application. I tried to clear at arcgis flex viewer manager but to not avail. But I still need this sign in popup for security features.

login.jpg

Please help,

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Are you working with the compiled or uncompiled version?
If your working with the uncompiled version you can modify the text for "signInWindow_info" in ESRIMessages.properties. {0} is replaced with resourcename and {1} is replaced with hostname, you can just change to your own custom message without those replacements.
Or you can also modify the SignInWindow skin, but you have to download it from the API first and add it to your project and then make your changes.

I'm not sure if there's another way if you're working with the compiled version, I would guess that it isn't possible...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MattiasEkström

Are you working with the compiled or uncompiled version?
If your working with the uncompiled version you can modify the text for "signInWindow_info" in ESRIMessages.properties. {0} is replaced with resourcename and {1} is replaced with hostname, you can just change to your own custom message without those replacements.
Or you can also modify the SignInWindow skin, but you have to download it from the API first and add it to your project and then make your changes.

I'm not sure if there's another way if you're working with the compiled version, I would guess that it isn't possible...

Mohd_NurhafiziSaidin
New Contributor II

Hi Mattias,

I'm using compiled version for this my flex apps. If so, can I assume if using a compiled versions we can't update or customize for this sign in popup?

I've tried to search and google but did not find the solutions.

thanks for your info.

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström

I'm not 100% sure, but yes you can assume you can't customize it if using a compiled version.

Mohd_NurhafiziSaidin
New Contributor II

ok thank you mattias.

0 Kudos