Problem upgrading applications from 3.1 to 3.2

04-30-2013 06:52 AM
DonaldBrown
Occasional Contributor
I installed ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.2 and pointed it at where my 3.1 apps were. All my previous apps show up in the list with a green arrow notifying me to upgrade. When I try this, I get the error:
"Application upgrade failed: Cannot copy widgets: Error #3012"

If I create a new app in 3.2, it works fine. I'd like to not have to recreate all my 3.1 apps.

Thanks!  Don
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are you using Application Builder?
0 Kudos
DonaldBrown
Occasional Contributor
Yes, I am using the application builder.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
I would recommend downloading the Flex 3.2 compiled source code to a location at a folder parallel to your existing 3.1 application.  I would then just try to copy the main config file from 3.1 to the 3.2 folder where it would overwrite the default 3.2 version.  I would then copy the individual widget config files from the 3.1 to the 3.2 folder where it would also overwrite the default 3.2 version.  There is no guarantee that this will work, but if it does it would require just a few minutes of work.

If the individual widgets do your work, you may need to compare what changed in the config files and try to figure what (hopefully minor) changes would be needed.  You might also need to modify the main config file as there might be changes there as well.

Just an FYI, Flex Build 3.3 was released yesterday so this might have an impact on your upgrade plans.
0 Kudos
DonaldBrown
Occasional Contributor
I only had 4 applications set up. So weighing my options, I choose to just recreate the applications. Thank you for the suggestions though.
0 Kudos