preloaded widgets opening off screen

04-20-2011 04:59 PM
ToddDavis1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I am having trouble with preloaded widget in the widgetcontainer loading off-screen and then having to be scrolled down to be seen. Is there anyway that I can force the first preloaded widget to load in the middle of the screen or to load a specific distance away from the top?

I am using a vertical alignment in 2.2

Thanks,
Todd
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Todd,

This is a known issue in the viewer and the team is working on it. The work around and preferred method the team recommends is to use fixed layout instead and position your widgets manually.
0 Kudos
ToddDavis1
New Contributor III
Thanks Robert,

I found that using widgetContainer.clipAndEnableScrolling = false; worked at making sure they didn't go past the top of my page on loading, but then I found it causes some weird scrolling issues were it can jump the widgets left when you scroll up or down.

case "vertical":
                        {
                            var vLayout:VerticalLayout = new VerticalLayout;
                            vLayout.horizontalAlign = "right";
                            vLayout.paddingBottom = 10;
                            vLayout.paddingRight = 25;
                            vLayout.paddingTop = 10;
                            vLayout.gap = 35;
                            widgetContainer.layout = vLayout;
    widgetContainer.clipAndEnableScrolling = false;
                            isDraggable = false;
                            isResizeable = false;
                            break;

Cheers,
Todd
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Todd,

I had fixed this issue some time ago on my site working on something else that was bugging me about the infinite horizontal and vertical scrolling, anyway give this WidgetContainer.mxml a try and see if it fixes the issue for you. Remember to make a backup of your original just in case...
0 Kudos