New Enhanced Edit Widget for Flex Viewer 3.0

05-18-2012 06:34 PM
BenKane
New Contributor III
I have just uploaded an enhancement to the Edit Widget for Flex Viewer 3.0,
you can get it here.

This modification on allows for editing of features in a FeatureLayer only if they were added during the user session.  All other features that existed in the FeatureLayer before the layer was loaded to the map are not editable.

I uploaded a compiled and an uncompiled version.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
Ben
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
BenKane
New Contributor III
@Steve - Did the file I gave you solve your problem and get the widget functioning for you?

@lingpri - I haven't been able to replicate your problem.  I am always able to move individual vertices.

@jecogeo - The edits you make in the web interface should be reflected in the mxd the map was produced from.  You may have to close and reopen the mxd to see the edits.

-Ben
0 Kudos
ronaldmcfarlane
Occasional Contributor
Just downloaded and replaced my edit widget with this one; used editwidget.xml as downloaded no changes.  The map app has only one editable feature service.  If I click on an existing feature, it lets me edit and or delete, even though it is not from this session.  If I add a new feature, it won't let me attribute it.  If I save the new feature (no attributes) and click on it to edit - then it lets me edit it.  Running flex 3.0, AGS server 10.0, feature is a point entity.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
BenKane
New Contributor III
Ronald - I've been informed of this behavior by one other person who downloaded the widget.  I've just updated the download at http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c12dfc1fbc5c49bfa21c48c809a1eaca so please try downloading again and test to see if it works.  If you can share the url for your app I am curious to take a look at it and at the structure of your feature class to see if I can identify what may be causing this behavior.  If you are able to share it you can send it to me in a PM if you like.

Ben
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Ben,

The download link says you have included the compiled and uncompiled version in the zip file.
I do not see the source in there, just compiled version.  Would it be possible to get the source also?

Thanks,

R_
0 Kudos
BenKane
New Contributor III
@rzufelt -
Oops, I updated the code a little while back and forgot to include the source when uploading it...I've uploaded the code again, and it does now include the source files again.

-Ben
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Got it.

Thanks Ben,

R_
0 Kudos
Rubens_Mariano_dosSantos_Junio
New Contributor
Hello Ben,

The application includes editing related tables?

Rubens Jr
0 Kudos
VirginiaSeamster
New Contributor III
Hi Ben:

Thank you for making this change to the widget- this is exactly the functionality that I'd like to incorporate into my web map.

I was wondering whether you had a version of your edits that should work with the application builder for ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0?

I tried making a copy of the compiled folder from your download, renaming as EnhancedEditWidget, and zipping the renamed folder up since the application builder only recognizes zip folders. When I replaced the regular edit widget with the zip of the renamed folder in the application builder- the edit widget wouldn't let me edit the attributes of any features- regardless of when they were created or what user had created them.

Any thoughts are much appreciated-if at all possible, I'd really like to be able to incorporate your widget into my web map via the application builder.

Thank you.

Virginia
0 Kudos