New Enhanced Edit Widget for Flex Viewer 3.0

05-18-2012 06:34 PM
BenKane
New Contributor III
I have just uploaded an enhancement to the Edit Widget for Flex Viewer 3.0,
you can get it here.

This modification on allows for editing of features in a FeatureLayer only if they were added during the user session.  All other features that existed in the FeatureLayer before the layer was loaded to the map are not editable.

I uploaded a compiled and an uncompiled version.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!
Ben
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
LemvigKommune
New Contributor III
Hi Ben
I've found a glitch in your widget, if I put a point in your map, delete it right away, I can then move one other point of my choice, I've moved some points together to show it.
0 Kudos
BenKane
New Contributor III
Thank you for pointing out that bug.

I have fixed the problem and updated the code.
you can get it here: http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c12dfc1fbc5c49bfa21c48c809a1eaca
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
Occasional Contributor II
Hey Ben, I'm trying to use your compiled version but with no luck.
I'd really love to get this working as it's just the thing I need for a public comments service.

I've downloaded the compiled version, but it seems no different that the default one that I get with the 3.0 download.
I downloaded direclty from the arcgis.com site using this link - http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c12dfc1fbc5c49bfa21c48c809a1eaca
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve
0 Kudos
BenKane
New Contributor III
Steve-
What specifically is the problem you are having when trying to use the widget?  Are you able to edit features added in previous sessions, or is there a different issue?

Ben
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
Hi Ben, sorry for the  vague description.
Yes, I'm able to still edit other points added in a previous session. 
The .xml file contents are all commented out, so when I use the widget straight out of the .zip file, nothing is actually visible in the widget.  It opens fine, no error, but the widget is just blank, so can't add or edit anything.  I uncommented everything and tried change true to false for some settings but still can edit points added in previous sessions.
So it works/runs with no errors, but just can't get it to restrict editing points from a previous session.

THanks again for the widget and the help - will be excellent to get this working
Steve
0 Kudos
BenKane
New Contributor III
This sounds like an issue with either your feature layer or with your main config.xml file.  Do you call both the EnhancedEditWidget and the default EditWidget in the application?  All of the tags in the widget xml file are supposed to be commented out.  You can modify the behavior of the widget by altering the tags, but you then won't have the functionality you're looking for here.

Perhaps you can give me a URL to your app and/or the config.xml in a private message so I can of more assistance troubleshooting?

-Ben
0 Kudos
SteveNelson
hi again Ben,
I've tried sendiing you a couple PMs - not sure it's working though because my Sent folder always says 0 sent.
Anyhow - I've mnaaged to get the widget partially working, however it appears I can still click on a previously entered point one time and change attributes.  But just the one time, after that, it's properly locked out and can't be edited.

EDIT - hmm actually it looks like features flip back and forth from being locked to editable...

i'll do some more testing
Steve
if you're not getting the PMs you can email me directly - steve.nelson'AT'banff.ca and I can send you the config file if you'd like .

Here's the project
http://banffmaps.ca/TMP/
0 Kudos
PriyaRam
New Contributor III
Will it be possible to disable the move of the selected graphic(polygon) and just allow the vertex to be moved.Please direct and we have been hacking to achieve this thru backing up the geometry on the selection of the polygon and listening for the graphic_move event and restoring it to the previous geometry and alerting a message moving is not allowed. This solution is causing issues with stacked polygons taking the shape of the neigbouring polygon randomly.
0 Kudos
JeffersonFerreira_Ferreira
New Contributor III
Hello colleagues/

A simple question? its clear to me that this edit widget dont act at the mxd that support the map service, but where the adds are stored? At a temp folder?

Best Regards
0 Kudos