name tag for headercontrollerwidget search not working completely?

Jump to solution
07-16-2014 03:49 PM
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

From the headercontroller documentation:

<name>Name given to the layer when displaying the search results, default behavior is to display the layername. [Added at 3.2]

Seems that when I put the <name> tag in my headercontrollerwidget.xml it appends the name value after the layername, not instead.

<mapservice>

<url>http://arcgisprod01.ci.richland.wa.us/ArcGIS/rest/services/PublicWorks/SDmanholes2Bnumbered/MapServe...</url>

<layerids>2,3</layerids>

<searchfields>FacilityID</searchfields>

<name>Storm Feature</name>

</mapservice>

Capture.JPG

Am I missing something here, or is it going to still add the layername as well as any name tag values?

R_

Using OTB compiled FV3.6

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rhett,

That is correct it is just designed to append to the features layer name to let you know what map service configuration the result is coming from. I believe this was designed to allow you to distinguish result from one map service or another if you have multiple configured.

Robert

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rhett,

That is correct it is just designed to append to the features layer name to let you know what map service configuration the result is coming from. I believe this was designed to allow you to distinguish result from one map service or another if you have multiple configured.

Robert