Initial results click/zoom and popups no longer working in eSearch

Jump to solution
10-07-2014 01:07 PM
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

Hi, I have the enhanced search set up. For some reason now when I query it is not allowing me to zoom when the initial search results are clicked on, also the enhanced search popups are not being shown. It was working a little while ago and I can't figure out what I have changed by accident to get this to not work. Here is my Config xml http://pastebin.com/Ms3UYjqZ

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

I am afraid it might have something to do with your geometry being MultiPoint. Will will start testing on my end.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

Did you hide the Shape or ObjectId fields in your map service by mistake?

0 Kudos
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

I just looked, it doesn't look like I did

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

Do the results of the search draw on the map at all?

0 Kudos
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

I apologize, I thought I replied to this through email yesterday.

No, none of the symbology shows up on the map, and they are not highlighted as I scroll through the results

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

This sounds exactly like what happen when the Shape field and ObjectId field have been hidden in the MXD for that specific layer of the map service. The Query will work but because the map service is not returning the shape field the geometry can not be returned and thus nothing is drawn on the map and you can not zoom to non existent geometry.

0 Kudos
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

I am almost positive I didn't hide those. The geometry for the layer is there, but the geometry for the search isn't, the symbology or the picturesymbol I specified to highlight the results. Here's a screenshot of the mapservice I shared in ArcMap, then the services directory

2014-10-08 09_54_25-Type2ReportGranite.mxd - ArcMap.png2014-10-08 09_55_44-Layer_ Type 2 Circuits - Granite 9_18_14 A Side (ID_ 1).png

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

I am afraid it might have something to do with your geometry being MultiPoint. Will will start testing on my end.

0 Kudos
JonathanMori1
New Contributor III

OK, I converted it from Multipoint to Point using the "Multipart to Singlepart" tool in ArcMap, and it seems to be working perfectly now. Thank You!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

I will get the issue with multipoint fixed in the next release.