Identify Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

09-23-2010 11:34 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been waiting for the Final release of the FlexViewer 2.1 before I started to push out some widgets I have been working on.

Here is my Identify Widget for Flex Viewer 2.1. I have tested to ensure proper functioning with FlexViewer 2.1 and am now releasing it to you since the API Team did not get one into the FlexViewer.

Here is the link:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=39cf66d58c234279ba728c50461a1a89

More FlexViewer 2.1 widgets to come stay tuned...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
266 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lu,

I have done cursor management in the past and you will notice on my current site I do not... That is because it is a pain in the butt in flex and I never could get it just the way I wanted it. So best advice is don't waste time with this.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

There is a new version 2.3.1 of this widget out now.

Draw back for this is that it is ONLY for FlexViewer 2.3 or higher.

I do not have compiled versions for previous Flex Viewers included and do not plan to do that anymore. This widget is using the new 2.3 API PopUpInfo windows and thus is only FlexViewer 2.3 or higher compatible. Time for all of you to upgrade. This version has some good useability improvements.
0 Kudos
NitinBele
New Contributor
Robert,
I am facing problem in setting LayerDefinitions parameter in IdentifyWidget from another widget(say ABC).
In ABCwidget -
calling  addSharedData("DefinitionQuery",QArrayCollection);

In IdentifyWidget-
In init() function-
ViewerContainer.addEventListener(AppEvent.DATA_NEW_PUBLISHED, sharedDataUpdated);
fetchSharedData();

Also added definition for sharedDataUpdated() which is assigning "DefinitionQuery" to arrdefQ (Array)
In identifyFeatures()
identifyParams.layerDefinitions=arrdefQ;

The problem is -
For the first time when Identify is invoked,the value of the defQuery from the sharedDataUpdated() is blank.Its seems that identifyFeatures() is called first then sharedDataUpdated();

However after that it work perfectly okay.
I am really stuck on this and need your suggestion.

Lu.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
BobbySells
New Contributor II
Robert,

We have converted results into a gridded format and it looks great but the one last tweak that leaves the tool from being out of the ballpark is making it where it returns Alias rather than field name.

I have attached a screenshot of how it looks.

Bobby
0 Kudos
TodHollis
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

Question:Is it true that if you do an identify on a mapservice that has some layers "invisible/turned off" then it won't return those layers in the result. You may have turned the layers on in the current  map, but the identify is querying the original mapservice itself. Is this correct, because I need to truely show "All" layers, even the ones turned off.

Thanks a bunch!!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Tod,

Look at the Identify Widget XML Configuration pdf and you will see that you can change the identifylayeroption to all.
0 Kudos
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
Hi Robert,
I have upgraded my viewer and source to 2.3 and upgraded your widget also ( thanks its great).  I have two questions if you have a spare moment.

1) Is it possible not to have the popup but still have the object highlighted when you hover over the object or the listing of it in the results?  in some cases the popup obscures important data - it would be nice to have the option.. ( I know I can x the box but I'd prefer to control it from the config)
2) the geometry returned for the popup arrow or pointer is not the weighted centre ( if its a polygon) so if you have many odd shaped objects the popup ends up pointing at the wrong place ...  is there a way around this?

many thanks for all the work

PaulG
0 Kudos
TodHollis
New Contributor
Tod,

Look at the Identify Widget XML Configuration pdf and you will see that you can change the identifylayeroption to all.

Robert,

Changing that does not help. Here is the answer we got from ESRI on this subject. I'm still without a solution.

Tod

http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisserver/apis/flex/apiref/com/esri/ags/tasks/IdentifyParamete...

Note: The IdentifyTask uses default map service settings, and thus will not
take into account any layer visibility changes made on a map service
displayed on the map.

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning this information.

Regards,

Patrick T.

To contact Esri Technical Support (USA only)
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Tod,

I seem to be missing what you are wanting here...
because I need to truly show "All" layers, even the ones turned off

Well what you are saying here has nothing to do with what esri is telling you about visible layers.

If you set the identifylayeroption to all than you should get just that all layers regardless.
0 Kudos