Identify Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

09-23-2010 11:34 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I have been waiting for the Final release of the FlexViewer 2.1 before I started to push out some widgets I have been working on.

Here is my Identify Widget for Flex Viewer 2.1. I have tested to ensure proper functioning with FlexViewer 2.1 and am now releasing it to you since the API Team did not get one into the FlexViewer.

Here is the link:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=39cf66d58c234279ba728c50461a1a89

More FlexViewer 2.1 widgets to come stay tuned...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
266 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Nate,

Did you add it to your projects modules list?
0 Kudos
NateRose
New Contributor II
Robert,

Thanks, that worked.  I never had to add them for other widgets but good to know!

Nate
0 Kudos
EddBlaine
New Contributor III
Robert,

You da bomb! I wasn't even paying attention to the layer name published in my MXD...just the service name. The widget works great! I hope you enjoy the developer's conference. You deserve a freebee.

Edd
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version of the identify widget is now available. Based on several comments some enhancements have been made.

* 2.2.3 - Identify by point/line/extent/polygon are all now supported
- Info window will appear at the center of identified geometry now if returngeometryforzoom is set to true in xml file.
if returngeometryforzoom is true, when you mouse over a record the geometry for that particular record is drawn using the symbology defined in the xml
- The symbology used by the draw tools is now user defined in the xml
- Fixed an issues with link icon if prefix or suffix is supplied and a empty field.
0 Kudos
MikeMartin
New Contributor III
This is a great widget. I got the hyperlink to work, but my problem is I can not display the linkfield as an individual field in the grid or the InfoPopup. Ideally, I need that as the first field listed  and to also be part of the hyperlink string. The field in the code below is Well Log ID. I tried listing the field twice in the fields list, makes no difference. Any suggestions appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't have a flex compiler, so can only edit the widget.xml.

<layer>
 <name>All water wells</name>
 <fields>Well Log ID,Aquifer Elevation,Bailing Rate,Depth to Bedrock,Bedrock Elevation,Pump Rate,Screen Length,Static Water Level,Total Well Depth,Owner,Owner Address</fields>
 <linkfield>Well Log ID</linkfield>
 <linkprefix>https://secure.in.gov/apps/dnr/water/dnr_waterwell?refNo=</linkprefix>
 <linksuffix>&_from=SUMMARY&_action=Details</linksuffix>
 <iconfield></iconfield>
 <iconprefix></iconprefix>
 <iconsuffix></iconsuffix>
 <zoomscale>9027</zoomscale>
 <forcescale>false</forcescale>
</layer>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mike,

Unfortunately this is just the way that it is in my widget and all of esris as well. The issue is that the field is either or (either it is a link field or a display field, not both). This is just a coding limitation. My immediate suggestion is add another field to the data if it is absolutely necessary to have both.
0 Kudos
MikeMartin
New Contributor III
Mike,

Unfortunately this is just the way that it is in my widget and all of esris as well. The issue is that the field is either or (either it is a link field or a display field, not both). This is just a coding limitation. My immediate suggestion is add another field to the data if it is absolutely necessary to have both.

Thanks Robert. You've saved me from further banging of my head against the monitor!
0 Kudos
NitinBele
New Contributor
Robert,
is there any way I can display the results in the Datagrid one at a time,with navigational buttons (next and prev ) for multiple recs ?

Any suggestions ?

Luke
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Luke,

The answer is yes, it is possible, with some significant modification of the code. Do I have any plans to add capability like that to this widget? No, not at this time. Right now I don't have time for enhancements of my widgets, only bug fixes.
0 Kudos
NitinBele
New Contributor
Thanks Robert,
Your confirmation itself brings confidence.I m able to implement the data grid for multiple results with next and prev options.

Now where to make changes to enhance the clicked point(Now its shows with a small blue color circle) for adding a glow and how ?

Luke
0 Kudos