Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Widget 3.0.1f - results & white exclamation problem

Jump to solution
11-19-2012 11:45 AM
MayJeff
Occasional Contributor
I have some problems using the identify widget.  1) Everytime I try to identify a feature, I will get this message "No Results Found" before the results show up.  I try to modify the code on ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer but still get the same message.
2) Somestimes I will get a White screen with exclamation mark after the identify results show up.
Have any ideas how to solve this problems?  Thanks for the time to look into it.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version is now available.

* 3.0.2 - Fixed the Gray Circle Of Death (GCOD) people were seeing because of the glowfilter
              being applied to graphics not completely in the map extent.
           - Fixed the identifying features message to more accurately report the identify progress.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
May Jeff,

You will always get this message "No Results Found" if one of your map services in your application does not support the identify operation. This will be addressed in the next version of the widget. As far as the White exclamation mark there seems to be a couple of people getting this error but I have not been able to reproduce it. If I can not reproduce it I can not fix it. Is your application and or map services public? can you pin point one layer or feature that exhibits this error?
0 Kudos
MayJeff
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply.  Map services is not public.  One thing I find out, if you choose to identify "All Layers" then scroll your mouse to zoom in cloaser to your map then click the results  or just click the results will get "White exclamation" mark.  So far, if you choose just one layer to identify then didn't get that white exclamationmark yet.
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
May Jeff,

I have tried what you said using esri map services and could not get the error.
0 Kudos
MayJeff
Occasional Contributor
Robert,
I used your life map to test it and got white exclamation mark too.  See the error message.
I turned on the land use layer, then selected All Layers and used identify by rectangular to select a area to identify.  After the results came up (include polygons & points), just clicked different results couple times then white exclamation mark showed up.
Pretty weird.  Hope can figure this out.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
May Jeff,

Do you have a old machine with limited memroy or something? I have tried many things to reproduce your error and can not. Using my live site I turned on the "Louisville Landbase Landuse" layer and used the rectangle tool to select a large area of both landbase and Public Safety features and clicked around in the results (a lot) and never got the issue. So then I noticed that you are using Internet Explorere (which I never use) so I tried it and repeated the steps, never getting an error. The I used another workstation and duplicated my test using the same steps, no issue. My flash player versions on these machines are 11.5.502.110
0 Kudos
MayJeff
Occasional Contributor
Robert,
Thanks for taking to look into it.  I just tested it on Firefox and got the same error message.  My lastest version is 11.5.502.110 & have 8GB RAM, windows 7 & 64bit.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
May Jeff,

Can you get it to happen all the time? Is there a certain sequence? What area of Louisville are you selecting? I have been playing around with my live site every way I can think of and have yet to receive the error. Are you from a foreign county? Maybe it has something to do with internet connection lag. I just have no idea when I can not get the same results on the same site.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor
Robert,

I can consitantly make you live site give the exclamation point of death, but not a consistant method (or rather, not a consistant number of clicks).

However, if I Turn on the zoning layer, select it from identify and select by rectangle, it will return a selection.

If I start clicking like mad on the results and not quite letting it "finish" drawing after it pans, THEN try to move the mouse up to the top of the widget (like you were going to switch to input mode rather than results) OR  hover the mouse over the map somewhere (other than over the identify widget), bam, I get the exclamation point.

Seems to be related to a mouse_over event or something as I can only make it happen when I have the mouse going all over the place while "panning/zooming to" a feature.

R_

Looks like I can do it with the land use layer also, but not as "quickly".
at first, thought it had something to do with the bug on dynamic layers losing (or getting null geometry) once you click off the feature, but, I can make it happen on the land use layer "eventually" also.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

A new version is now available.

* 3.0.2 - Fixed the Gray Circle Of Death (GCOD) people were seeing because of the glowfilter
              being applied to graphics not completely in the map extent.
           - Fixed the identifying features message to more accurately report the identify progress.
0 Kudos