Identify or Popup for WMS service in Flex Viewer

02-16-2012 03:12 AM
WilliamReckling
New Contributor
I have searched the forums and the internet for a way to get the attribute information for features in a wms.  A popup or id tool would be great.  I can do it in open layers with "getfeatureinfo".  There must be a way to do it in the flex viewer.  Has anyone successfully done this and how?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
WilliamReckling
New Contributor
Kind of quiet in here.  Can I get a response from esri?  Any plans to make this happen in the future?
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
Identify on WMS is not supported in neither the Flex API, nor the Flex Viewer.  It's not in our short-term plans to support this.

Note that in the OGC WMS specification, GetFeatureInfo is optional. But the main problem with implementing it is that the OGC WMS specification leaves the response format open, and there is no standard for it. To qoute the WMS 1.3 specification:
what exactly to return, are left up to the WMS provider
0 Kudos
leecollier
New Contributor II
I am currently trying to develop an identify function for WMS within flexviewer using a ProxyHttpService object, the water is muddied somewhat by our corporate firewall, so before I chat to the infrastructure people I need a JSP proxy page, have tested a few but wonder if anyone out there has one they know works?

Once we have this working will be happy to share the code
0 Kudos